Re: [fw1-gurus] Query regarding ASA multiple security context Vs checkpoint VSX

First, VSX is software. It runs on multiple platforms/appliances from multiple vendors. It is not itself an "appliance". As far as the rest of your question, yes, VSX does all that *and* VPNs and dynamic routing. If you want to know more, I'd suggest visiting Check Point's web site. Complete details on VSX's features and capabilities are published there.
-----Original Message-----
From: Gopi Krishna S (gopis) [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, March 9, 2009 10:07 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [fw1-gurus] Query regarding ASA multiple security context Vs checkpoint VSX

Hi Gurus,

          I?ve a query regarding the multiple context mode functionality in ASA comparing with CheckPoints VSX.

In ASA multiple-context mode You can partition a single security appliance into multiple virtual devices, known as

security contexts. Each context is an independent device, with its own security policy, interfaces, and administrators.

Multiple contexts are similar to multiple standalone devices. Many features are supported in multiple context mode,

which include routing tables, firewall features, IPS, and management. Some features are not supported, which include

VPN and dynamic routing protocols.

Does this is same as CheckPoint VSX which allows to create virtual systems?? And

Which other CheckPoint?s security appliances support this multiple security contexts??

Your help is highly appreciated in this regard.

Thank You.

Regards

Gopi Krishna.S