From: Adam Carter [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 6:28 PM
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: [fw1-gurus] Fragmentation question

The console log from a Sun R55 box:

FW-1: Virtual defragmentation error: Large packet (xxx.22.98.29 -> xxx.18.7.14 proto 17 id 3976 len 410 offset 65120) - 175 fragments dropped during the last 60 seconds
So proto 17 = UDP, i assume len is the length of the current fragment in bytes, but what does offset mean? Is it bytes from the start of the unfragmented packet? If so, then has a 65K packet been broken up into 160 odd 410 length fragments?